Tuesday, May 9, 2017

School of The Remote Influencer - SOTRI is built upon the Distance Learning model.


What is Distance Learning?

Distance learning is a way of learning remotely without being in regular face-to-face contact with a teacher in the classroom.

Source:

thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk

Distance learning, sometimes called e-learning, is a formalized teaching and learning system specifically designed to be carried out remotely by using electronic communication.

Source:

whatis.techtarget.com

I could have looked for more definitions of the term distance learning. I decided that the two definitions above would suffice. The key elements for the definitions above, are remote or remotely. I use the internet, Google, Facebook, Google plus, e-mail, PDF exchanges, Skype and offline resources such as libraries for my on going research. I provide my teaching, tutoring, consulting, coaching and training services via the aforementioned platforms too. I can use other tools and platforms as deemed necessary. As you have gathered, SOTRI focuses upon the use of the internet as a means of imparting knowledge. However, in person learning can be implemented too. In future posts, I will write about Social media learning.












No comments:

Post a Comment